Friday 10 July 2015

Exhaust ports

So in an earlier post I put a picture of my exhaust ports.  These have now been fitted.  It was a pretty simple job, They are sealed in with 3M 4200, man that stuff is sticky.  I masked everything up and still managed to get it everywhere.

The process as pretty simply.  I made a skid for my trim router that turns it into a "power" compass.  Then drilled a hole in the centre of the port location.  A bolt then acted a the centre point.  You will note I didn't cut the full circle, this is because the bit that gets cut out also is supporting the router.  One mistake I did make was I should have started and stopped at 12 o'clock, not 3'o'clock, the centre piece sorted of twisted out under the weight of the router. I had to support it.



The port is held in by 4 x M5 threaded rods that are welded into the port.  These ports have flaps and I nearly got caught out in that the position of the threaded rods around the circumference of the port where not consistent between the two ports.

No comments:

Post a Comment